11 июн. 2011 г.

Elpa70: Northcape - Alluvial EP




1. Alluvial (3:55)
2. Water Over Flint (7:30)
3. Doorways Facing East (4:35)
4. Deep Strata (4:16)

Download all tracks

The 'Alluvial' EP is inspired by geology, human prehistory and the idea of 'deep time'- how incredibly long it has taken the planet to evolve.
I have therefore tried to express a sense of scale, which is in contrast to the more personal landscapes that inspire much of Northcape's material.
The result is this EP which contains four slow-building but still melodic tracks with a more ambient feel.
Some of the tracks are inspired by the idea of human habitation in the distant past, and others by geological space - the release image is pretty much a landscape I was imagining when I was writing the tracks.
Although they are different from my normal approach to melodic electronica (which continues to develop), I think these tracks still keep a recognizable Northcape sound.


Cover artwork by Northcape.

1 комментарий: